Pin It button on image hover

lørdag den 21. juli 2012

Technique challenge (Hard Core Crop #3)

I finished another Core'dinations challenge. Yeah, for finishing 4 of them! This challenge is to use an antiquing technique.

This layout started out for a strip it challenge, but I came up with a better idea for using strips, so I converted my rainbow strips to this technique-challenge by antiquing them. This was totally an experiment outside my comfort zone, but I love how the layout turned out. So children-artsy-cute! But most importantly I had sooo much fun just playing with cardstock!


And here are a few detail shots. I was inspired by another challenge to score my paper. I used old Quickutz alphas to cut the letters and sanded them after I glued them to the background paper.  





This was also my first layout using my all mine favorite photo of my two boys. I predict using it on more layouts....

Had my 6-years old help me with this mess (such a nice change from always having to pay attention not to wrinkle mommy's nice papers. hi hi). He diecut the clouds and letter too: 



Thanks for looking! Have a great weekend.

1 kommentar:

Leeann Pearce sagde ...

Hello... Oh i love this page..the rainbow strips are totally awesome and love you cut out title work too!
loving all your projects for the core crop. really love your style!